- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT — Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Feeding Scale VIRTUAL Workshop – April 11-15, 2022
April 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - April 15, 2022 @ 2:00 pm PDT$625.00
Learn new observation skills to transform your view of the parent-child relationship!
April 11-15, 2022
9:00am – 1:30pm Monday – Thursday Pacific time AND 9:00am – 2:00pm Friday Pacific time via ZOOM.
Feeding manual, scale pad, and certification
What: Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Assessment Scale – Feeding
- A valid and reliable assessment for measuring parent-child interaction
- A set of observable behaviors you can use to describe caregiver/parent-child interaction
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers, the PCI scales have been employed in over 100 published research studies.
- Learning PCI observation skills will provide you with a new lens which will transform your view of the parent-child relationship
- You will see the strengths and challenges in the parent-child relationship
- Will give you concrete areas to guide intervention and encourage positive parent-child interaction
Who: Public health nurses, researchers, social workers, infant mental health specialists, occupational and physical therapists, early intervention workers
LEARNING THE FEEDING SCALE meets the following competencies for certification in Infant Mental Health:
– Infant/Very Young Child Development & Behavior
– Observational Skills
– Screening and Assessment
– Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood
What participants are saying:
- “I developed a new perspective and enhanced insight into everyday interactions and their consequent impact on children’s developmental potential.” Early Parenting Consultant & Instructor
- “I will never look at parent-child interaction in the same way again. This training has taught me to leave my biases at the door and focus on the positive. I am forever changed.” RN, NYC
Refund Policy: If you register for this workshop but are unable to attend, you may send a substitute or obtain a refund of the fee less $35.00 for handling. Requests must be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and received prior to March 23, 2022. Materials must be returned, unused to PCRP.