- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT — Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Scale VIRTUAL workshop – May 2-6, 2022
May 2, 2022 @ 9:00 am - May 6, 2022 @ 2:00 pm PDT$675.00
Learn New Observation Skills to Transform Your View of the Parent-Child Relationship!
May 2-6, 2022
9:00am – 1:30pm Monday – Thursday Pacific Time AND 9:00am – 2:00pm Friday Pacific Time
teaching manual, scale pad, administration kit, and certification
What: Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Assessment Scale – Teaching
- A valid and reliable assessment for measuring parent-child interaction
- A set of observable behaviors you can use to describe caregiver/parent child interaction
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers, the PCI scales have been employed in over 100 published research studies.
- Learning PCI observation skills will provide you with a new lens which will transform your view of the parent-child relationship
- You will see the strengths and challenges in the parent-child relationship
- Will give you concrete areas to guide intervention and encourage positive parent-child interaction
Who: Public health nurses, researchers, social workers, infant mental health specialists, occupational and physical therapists, early intervention worker
What participants are saying:
- “I developed a new perspective and enhanced insight into everyday interactions and their consequent impact on children’s developmental potential.” Early Parenting Consultant & Instructor
- “I will never look at parent-child interaction in the same way again. This training has taught me to leave my biases at the door and focus on the positive. I am forever changed.” RN, NYC
Refund Policy: If you register for this workshop but are unable to attend, you may send a substitute or obtain a refund of the fee less $35.00 for handling. Requests must be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and received prior to April 13, 2022. Materials must be returned, unused to PCRP.