- This event has passed.
Parent-Child Interaction Australian Instructor Workshop – July 26-30 & Aug 9-13, 2021
July 26, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - August 13, 2021 @ 7:00 pm PDT$2,100.00
Want to join our exclusive team of PCI Instructors from around the world?
The NCAST PCI Instructor Workshop is an intensive workshop to prepare professionals for the role of training others in the NCAST Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Feeding & Teaching Scales. This workshop is designed for professionals working with families with infants and young children who have a role in the ongoing training of community health care service providers in their local area. Those planning to use the PCI Feeding and Teaching Scales in research are encouraged to apply.
- Attendance at all sessions is required
- Required reading assignments
- Dates—July 26-30 2:00-7:00pm PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME & August 9-13 2:00-6:30PM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME
- One case study required after completion of all class time
- Tuition includes: All virtual instructional time, Feeding manual and scale pads, Teaching manual and scale pads, the Beginning Rhythms manual, Keys to Infant Caregiving Study Guide, and each Personal Environment Assessment scales manual.
Instructional videos are separate cost
- Refund policy—two weeks before the first day of the course, a refund, minus a $200 fee, will be issued. All materials must be returned, unused, and in sellable condition within two weeks of cancellation. Any materials not returned will be charged to the refund. If cancellation occurs within two weeks of the first day of class, no refunds will be given.
Q: Do I need to attend the full workshop?
A: Yes, in order to receive your certificate of completion and be eligible to be a certified NCAST Instructor, you must be present for all training days and appropriate hours and complete the full agenda.
Q: I only want to teach the Feeding scale (or Teaching). Can I just attend for that?
A: All of our trainers must learn both scales. All NCAST PCI trainers are certified to teach both Feeding and Teaching scales. No exceptions are made. You may choose to teach only one, but will meet all the same qualifications as all PCI trainers.