- This event has passed.
Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics – April 13 & 15, 2021
April 13, 2021 @ 8:00 am - April 15, 2021 @ 11:30 am PDT$275.00
This workshop is on April 13 & 15, 2021, from 8am – 11:30am PST each day
What is Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics?
- A university-based program adapted by pediatricians to help pediatric providers and health care professionals support stable and secure early parent-child relationships
- A framework that operationalizes attachment and child development theory into applied practice and intervention strategies specifically for the pediatric office visit
- A curriculum that also provides well-child check handouts for each visit (newborn – three years old) for pediatricians to share with parents
- Consultation strategies to promote infant/toddler mental health
How Can Promoting First Relationships help Pediatric Health Care Professionals?
- Learn to see and better understand the attachment behaviors that are already occurring within your patient through a combination of lecture, videos, and case studies
- Learn evidence based skills that can help both you and your patients feel an increased sense of competency, satisfaction, and efficacy
- Quickly and easily apply what you have learned with the assistance of the accompanying manual and patient handout
- Experience a renewed sense of meaning and joy in your work when using the relationship-based framework and skills you will learn in this workshop
Who Should Attend Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics?
- Nurses, Physicians, and Health Care Professionals serving patients in pediatric settings