- This event has passed.
Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics – Aug 18 & 20, 2020
August 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - August 20, 2020 @ 11:30 am PDTFree
This workshop is on August 18 & 20, 2020 from 8:00am – 11:30am PDT each day
What is Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics?
- A 2 half-day workshop for nurses and other providers in a health care setting who provide care for women and newborns affected by Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). In this workshop, you will learn how to better nurture and support the parent-child relationship during daily patient encounters. The program combines the new science of early brain development with established attachment-based practices to give health care providers the knowledge, skills, and confidence to support women and newborns affected by OUD.
How can Promoting First Relationships support your work with Mothers and Newborn Infants?
PFR-Pediatrics will help you:
- Learn to see and better understand the attachment behaviors that are already occurring within your patient through a combination of lecture, videos, and case studies
- Learn evidence based skills that can help both you and your patients feel an increased sense of competency, satisfaction, and efficacy
- Quickly and easily apply what you have learned with the assistance of the accompanying manual and patient handouts
- Experience a renewed sense of meaning and joy in your work when using the relationship based framework and skills you will learn in this workshop
Who should attend?
Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, licensed practical nurses, medical doctors, social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists.