- This event has passed.
Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics – Seattle – Sept 10, 2019
September 10, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm PDTFree
What is Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics?
- A university based program adapted by pediatricians to help pediatric primary care providers support stable and secure early parent-child relationships
- A framework that operationalizes attachment and child development theory into applied practice and intervention strategies specifically for the pediatric office visit
- A curriculum that also provides well-child check handouts for each visit (newborn – three years old) for pediatricians to share with parents
- Consultation strategies to promote infant/toddler mental health
How Can Promoting First Relationships help medical providers in pediatric primary care? PFR – Peds will help you:
- UNDERSTAND how to promote and support stable and secure early parent-child relationships in everyday office visits
- BEGIN TO SEE attachment behaviors and elements of healthy relationships that are happening in patient encounters through the use of videos and case studies
- LEARN skills that can be used by medical providers to strengthen a caregiver-child relationship during both well child care and challenging behavior visits
- REALIZE how both parents and medical providers can feel an increased sense of competence and confidence in addressing the social-emotional health of young children with PFR-Peds
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.