E-Learning Course: Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics
This is not a downloadable course.
You will need internet access to view this course.
This e-learning course is designed to help providers and members of the multidisciplinary care team learn how to nurture and support the parent-child relationship during everyday clinic interactions with families and children.
This course includes 30 videos of parent-child interactions to help participants see and feel the elements of responsive caregiving. Parent Handouts, Provider Tip Sheets and PFR Connecting Strategy Sheets for Well Care Visits through age 2 are included.
The course is comprised of 9 Chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: PFR Approach to Relationship-Focused Care
- Chapter 3: Social Connectedness: The Importance of Children’s First Relationships
- Chapter 4: Elements of a Healthy Relationship
- Understanding Cues to Support Responsive Caregiving
- Alleviation of Distress
- Chapter 5: Feeding, Sleep and Development Viewed Through a Relational Lens
- Chapter 6: Understanding Children’s Behavior as their Language of Distress
- Chapter 7: Reframing Challenging Behavior: It’s All About Being Connected
- Chapter 8: Challenging Behavior Cases
- Chapter 9: Supporting Relationship-Centered Care in Primary Care
After purchasing this course, you will receive a WELCOME email to create an account to access the course.
Access to course will expire 6 months after purchase.