Promoting First Relationships® in Pediatrics
What is Promoting First Relationships in Pediatrics?
- A university based program adapted by pediatricians to help pediatric providers and health care professionals support stable and secure early parent-child relationships
- A framework that operationalizes attachment and child development theory into applied practice and intervention strategies
- A curriculum that also provides handouts that accompany well child visits from newborn to age 3, addressing topics such as responsive caregiving, feeding, sleep, and behavior
- Consultation strategies to promote infant/toddler mental health
- UNDERSTAND how to promote and support stable and secure early parent-child relationships in everyday office visits
- BEGIN TO SEE attachment behaviors and elements of healthy relationships that are happening in patient encounters through the use of videos and case studies
- LEARN skills that can be used by health care professionals to strengthen a caregiver-child relationship during both well child care and challenging behavior visits
- REALIZE how both parents and health care providers can feel an increased sense of competence and confidence in addressing the social-emotional health of young children with PFR-PEDS
Who Uses PFR in Pediatrics? Nurses, Physicians and Health Care Professionals serving patients in pediatric settings
Training is now available. Contact the our office at email@example.com for further information. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when the next PFR-PEDS workshop will be held.